Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fun With Babel-Fish

What I'm Wearing: Nike shirt, grey tennis shorts, ankle socks, dry fit hat
What I'm Listening to: A Day In The Life
Mood: Content, Distracted (hence the title of this article), in awe of the awesomeness of "Silence of the Lambs," tired, pretty bored

I decided to have fun with losing stuff in translation with the help of my friend babelfish (yes, the name's a Hitchhiker's Guide reference). I translated the second sentence of Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck. It is "the water is warm too, for it has slipped twinkling over the yellow sands in the sunlight before reaching the narrow pool." From English to Chinese, then back, then Greek, then French, then Italian, then English again, then something and back, then Korean and back, then Spanish, then French, then German, then English. Enjoy: "In instruction in the hard wash basin of the river in dinanzi lightning, over in the decadent sand in the lowfirst part to arrive as the light of the helium, the description under those slips, is hot adjacent waters."
Trippy, eh?

So today I watched "Silence of the Lambs," and 3 episodes of Law and Order: SVU. I must say, I've come to love that show and adore that movie. I don't know any other guys who watch Law and Order... I hope it's not a chick show O____o (I've resisted using that smiley since I started this blog). I just gotta review Silence of the Lambs, it's that good a movie.

REVIEW TIME... okay actually I'm basically gonna kiss this movie's ass. Not only is Jodie Foster like my favorite actress EVER, but Hannibal Lecter KICKS SO MUCH ASS!!! THE DUDE ATE A GUY'S FACE!!! CAN YOU SAY "BADASS?!?!?!?!" Seriously though, the movie is far from generic, and includes many brilliantly shot scenes, some genuinely scary moments, and near-constant suspense. You will NOT end the movie thinking it was stupid or implausible like most movies, with their overly dramatic deaths and bad guys who shoot just 1 inch behind the hero every time. Plus, you will sympathize with the very well developed characters, because seeing a mangled corpse of a friend or someone you know is far more powerful than one of a complete stranger. Watch it. You'll be impressed, I promise
-5 through +5, including zero. -5 = my little brother, +5 = my little brother in pain (just kidding... I love my brother although he is... little brotherly)
SILENCE O' TEH LAMBS B GETTIN' A +5, MON

I'll add random facts to this post later
maybe
not
BYE
moonyinator out

No comments: