Thursday, August 24, 2006

Breaking News!! Rip Down Those Old Science Posters!

What I'm Wearing: Same as before, it's the same day, knumb-knuts. What I'm Listening to: Heartbreaker
Everyone, it's official. Pluto is not a planet anymore. The definition of "planet" has been changed to "(a) celestial body that is in orbit around the Sun, has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit" Anything that doesn't meet the last requirement is either a dwarf planet or a satellite. Well, to be honest, I'm relieved that the International Astronomical Union has forsaken their old, vague definition that left holes for argument. It wasn't their fault, planets started out with a definition of being pushed by bloody angels. Now that they can make "planet" mean whatever they want, you'd expect these high-brow nitpickers to be able to start fresh and give a perfect definition that can't be argued. They use very exact, precise, scientific terms, like "neighborhood," and on a side-note, WHO DECIDES WHATS NEARLY ROUND?!?!?! sigh... IAU, you deserve a ferret in the crotch. At least this solves the problem of whether or not large asteroids and Kuiper Belt shiz qualifies, but apparently Charon lives down the block from ol' Pluto. Shot down.

If you haven't noticed, I have been updating and will be updating old posts to make them less... bad, so check 'em out every few days or so and you might find a new joke or a new spelling :P

So far, my blog has been pretty well recieved, even inspiring my old, dear friend to take back up the noble pursuit of wasting time and recording it being done (www.bsmith91.blogspot.com). I even inspired a second person (www.nondumblonde.blogspot.com)!!! They're both great blogs, check 'em out. Thank you for your undying support... you noble 3-4 people, you. Someday, I hope to have at least 10 people following this blog. Maybe someday much later, 50. Hu b da 1 hu nos? Please! I work hard on this baby and every time you look you do me a favor. Thanks again, you're the greatest.

Before I leave you, I would like you to know some of my inspirations for taking up blogging. Hayden, because it was the first time i ever saw blogspot. Wait, I forgot, Sara's was. NVM, W/E, AYBABTU, LEEROY JENKINS, GOD. So kudos to Sara, Caro (whom I barely know in real life), and Katherine for being the first peopel to have a blog I liked. K in particular, just cuz I read hers most (sorry others!).

PEACE, and I would like to leave you with a random factoid or 2:

As you talk, earwax comes out of your ears... gross
Koalas sleep 22 hours a day (they live the life)
Apparently, there's no word that rhymes with either "orange," or "month" (no, "gunth," short for "gunther" doesn't count)
Mosquitos prefer children to adults and blondes to brunettes... my blonde friends, i feel for ya
More people have seen David Copperfield perform live than any other performer in the world... but more people have seen jenna jameson "perform" alone
Bluebird's cannot see the color blue (how do they avoid mating with crows?!?!)

anyway

Munoz out

1 comment:

Kye said...

HAHAH i got a link, you mentioned my blog jenna jamenson and BLONDES. this is one kick ass blog.


even if u were saying mosquitos like to eat me more



just thought i would say....



NOTHING RHYMES WITH PURPLE EITHER!!!



neways


kudos and loves

kye