Friday, August 25, 2006

Fondue À La Mode

What I'm Listening to: The far-too-loud hum of my computer... I want a new comp :(
What I'm Wearing: A DIFFERENT dry-fit blue shirt, addidas shorts (blue as well by coincidence)
*NEW* Mood: Confused, Sad (I'm reading the news... it's horribly depressing), determined, PENIS

Okay, I feel like a complete idiot. I am about to share something that went through my mind as I scrolled to the bottom of cnn.com this morning. After reading about a tragic murder, a woman who was kidnapped and locked away for 8 years and forced to call her kidnapper "master," and a potential hurricane, the entertainment section caught my eye. I now understand the use of entertainment: keep our minds off of the REAL issues, but for a good reason. We can't take all the "drama!!!!" However, this is obvoius and pretty hackneyed (and hardly interesting), so I'll move on to the good part of the story. Thanks to the entertainment section, I shifted gears from being horrified to being... entertained. The headlines were:
• Cruise split highlights deeper issues
• 'Idol's' McPhee: No more 'weird eating things'

Now just below this gossip/drivel, something REALLY caught my eye:
• Cult leader gets date with executioner
• Killer's photo collection gives up a lead

Now remember, I was in my "entertainment" mindset. I swear to dog I said it out loud. "Wow... that sucks to be going out with the person who's about to waste ya."

Once I clicked through and saw the story, I smacked my forehead and realized that school and smartness and s**t aren't going to come easily this year. I'm in honors geometry and my 8th grade teacher put his neck on the line to get me there... yes, this is Mr. Martin, who wrote "moron" over the entire board to show what he thought of me and said I had been blessed with the common sense God gave a bottlecap. If I don't ace math this year, I will have hell to pay. That being said, I am still hoping that maybe I can just slack the whole year. Who knows? Maybe I'll pull it off. Oh well

REVIEW TIME
no crap is safe, and no good stuff will go unraved-about-ed

I shall now review something that is life-affirming to me: The Who on tour. After years of basically nothing cuz of working on the upcoming Who2, I thought my undying alleigance would pay off. I love The Who more than most of my fingers, and believe me, I cherish each and every one of those babies. Now Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Zak Starkey (yes, Ringo's kid who is also in Oasis), keyboard(ist or er? I'm clueless) John "Rabbit" Bundrick, new bassist Pino Palladino (anyone makes comparisons to Enty, I'll have an aneurism), and co. have taken their legendary act on the road, and first stop is NORTH AMERICA!!! THAT'S WHERE THE REAL AMERICA IS! OMG! However, guess the closest state they come to. If you guessed Illinois, you're cheating most likely! There is one thing they have done to redeem themselves, however: live streaming of concerts. Even though I won't get to see The Who.... whom I have been patiently waiting for since the beginning of last year, I still must give kudos for STILL breaking new ground. I have seen some shows and they are in prime form... cept Daltrey but he's an effin geezer now
-5 to +5 (0 inclusive), -5 as the equivalent of being dumped by the love of your life and +5 as the equivalent of being dumped... into a vat of chocolate:
The Who's new tour gets a +2... cuz i dont get to see it

RANDOM FACTOIDS before I go:

More than half of the US's 12,000+ ft coastline is in Alaska. Along with more than half of our Eskimo Pie factories (you don't want to know what goes into Eskimo Pie)
Guess who invented the coat hanger? Some historians believe it was Thomas Jefferson! (between that and the Declaration he was pretty well rounded)
The Grateful Dead played 2,317 concerts in total (The Ramones may have done 2,263, but their shows were often a third of the length of one Grateful Dead SONG!!!!)
Blood doesnt attract mosquitoes, they like the scent of bacteria growing on your skin. Don't think this means that if you rub hand sanitizer all over you its as good as bug spray, however

Well that about does it for today, I'm stranded at home and bored shitless. If you're willing to do something and pick me up, I'm always game. Peace. Moonyinator out

No comments: