Friday, December 22, 2006

Owned by a Ten Year Old Girl

The last Friday of school, I was at tennis practice (pre-qualified, I will admit it). The groups were interesting, me and Hersch (or as I like to call him, Herschey) were with all girls because we are "ladies' men." The other people in our group were two freshmen from Hockaday I'm not horribly familiar with (Kate and Aline or something along those lines) and two best friends under ten years old, Natalie and _______ (mind blank). Natalie and _______ (I'll fill it in tomorrow) together kept taunting me after I eked out a victory in a drill. It was sudden death (I have a fear of sudden death), and me and ______ were facing off for the right not to run extra. Everybody else chose who they wanted to side with. Only Herschey stuck with me, but sure enough everybody's belief that a girl half my size would beat me ended up blowing up in their faces... yes I got lucky
So Natalie and _____ start teasing me a bit, eventually asking questions about me. Here are some examples:

"How many friends do you have?"
"4: Timmy, Jimmy, Bimmy, and Eustace."
"Only four friends?! *LOL*"

"Do you have a girlfriend?"
... This one was the scathing one. After a sigh and a "no," I got the heat. I then asked if they had boyfriends, proceeding to do my "OOOooooooooooooooooooh" dance right after that saying "OOOooooooooooooooooooooooh..." not really

This was after I didn't exactly... "stop" when running for a drop volley, hitting my thumb on the wire holding up the net, which was surprisingly painful. My thumb was red and swollen, so I was kinda ______ing (forgot the word) it. This is mostly paraphrasing
"What's wrong with your thumb?"
"It hurts"
"Do you have a mole? Is that what hurts?"
"Yes, actually, I was born without a thumb, but I had a rather large mole next to it. With a little makeup and cosmetic surgery, the doctors got it to look pretty real"
They then proceeded to laugh. When the mumblers (the Hock freshwomen... if that's not h@x to say) came into the line we were waiting in, they then said "GUESS WHAT HE SAID!" Next was one of the weirdest things ever. I think I said "those kids and their crazy imaginations."

"Did you go to Homecoming?"
"Yes"
This question intrigued me. How would they know about Homecoming? I'm fourteen, they probably think I'm going to prom and about to graduate college or something (older kids are all the same).

"Who was your date?"
"Katherine"
This time, I was looking in their direction beforehand, so I saw when they scampered over to Aline (sp!??!) and Kate (sp?...?), who then inquired quietly the last name to Natalie and ______. I didn't know what the hell was happening, but I think I was being stalk-mocked O.o I then said "what," or something, and it was suddenly time for the next drill/game

Yeah I'm totally confused about that, and I haven't been to tennis since, so I don't know what the hell went on to this very day

Phish Quote in order
I'm gradually changing Travis from "Travis" -> "Trvis" -> " Trvs" -> "Tvs" -> " Tv" -> "T" -> " "
when he reaches " " he will be in his ultimate form, and will be unstoppable

1 comment:

banjophish said...

So you never remembered her name? Nice, and quite the cliff hanger there. A interesting new title for the blog there.