Sunday, November 26, 2006

Dots and Sinners

Well I've finally decided that the dot layout... sucks. I thought it was nice and easy on the eyes at first.. but it's getting on my nerves now. What to switch it to... oh well I'll figure it out later. KITH is my new favorite irreverent (sp?) sketch comedy show. Check Youtube, Google's (who I love and ADORE, for you Google people looking at this blog to see if it's adsense worthy) new little bitch. There are some funny sketches on there, but the dvd's the way to go. They have SKETCH SELECTION!!! Finally, a DVD that doesn't make you watch everything or just fast forward a lot.

I've seen four movies lately, but one doesn't count because it had Jerry Seinfeld in it. The first two are A Mighty Wind and Best In Show, both starring, directed, and written by Christopher Guest. The cast mostly carries over from Best In Show for A Mighty Wind, and it's really refreshing to see these actors take on and construct (the dialogue was primarily improvised) entirely new and different characters. Both were hilarious, but A Mighty Wind was not nearly as funny as Best In Show. The times I laughed the hardest, though, were sometimes the deleted scenes. Because so much footage was shot and only so much was needed to flesh out the characters, sometimes certain scenes were deemed to be too similar and cut. Check em out if you rent either movie. However, no question the funniest person in either film, the Nigel Tufnel of both movies, was Fred Willard. Watch for his hilarious bits and improv genius in his office scene in A Mighty Wind, his interviews in Best In Show, and every other time he's EVER on screen. You'll love both if you like comedy, but neither is perfect. Thumbs up for both, and even if these two are 10 times better than For Your Consideration, Guest's new movie, I will still see it and laugh. Both are classics, just like the other movie, Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. We have a club... The Tenacious D Movie Watching Club, or the TTDMWC (or titidimwick). We shall meet twice... once was the opening day of the movie, once when it comes out on DVD. It shall be glorious. If you like the D, watch the movie. If you don't, stop reading this blog and get a life (although they are stupid). If you want some more comedy, though, watch KITH

Lastly, I have been playing tennis a lot recently... primarily against little children who are better tennis players than me. Considering that I'm literally the only one in my group who can do a push-up, the strongest, the fastest, and the tallest (especially the last one), it's really pathetic that I keep losing. Hopefully I won't lose much longer, peace

1 comment:

Emily the Strange said...

yeah the dots were a bit...not good