Monday, October 02, 2006

Daniel in Aliceland

What I'm Listening to: The Ballad of Dwight Frye
What I'm Wearing: Nike Shirt and Cargo Shorts (and no retainer)
Mood: Finally listening to the song I'm addicted to-ish, PUMPED FOR THE WHO

Well... I'm going to see The Who live. That's right. THE rock n' roll band, live, in Dallas. It doesn't get any better than this (except if they had Moony and Ox). I've taken a look at their setlist, and it seems to be a great mix of classic Who and their newer tunes. They have some from Face Dances, their catalogue of classic singles, Who's Next, and even their new EP Wire and Glass. Hopefully the latter can hold a candle to the rest, lest I be bored at the concert and waste 15 bucks on their new cd.

Well right now, I've got to say, Love it to Death is a fracking kick-arse album. TBoDF is one of my new favorite songs. Sadly it's not too acclaimed despite its awesomeness. Basically, the Coop is a great artist, and the original band is just plain badarse. Plus, I read that they have one major blueprint as artists, one band whom they most want to be like. I'll give you a hint, it's the same as U2..... can you guess it????

THE WHO

Plain and simple: The Who are the first hard rock band, save possibly only (and I do mean only) The Kinks. That's all I have to say

No comments: